Audience nedir? Audience çeşitleri nelerdir? İngilizce edebi terimler sözlüğüne hoş geldiniz.
Audience terim anlamı:
Audience; bir gösteri ile ya da tiyatro, film, kitap ve benzeri bir edebi eser ile karşı karşıya kalan, bazen bir, bazen de birden fazla kişiden oluşan kitleye verilen isimdir.
Audience sözlük anlamı:
Audience Türkçe’ de seyirci, izleyici, dinleyici bazen de okuyucu anlamına gelebilmektedir.
Audience için is a group of people who participate in a show or encounter a work of art, literature diyebiliriz.
Eğer sanat eseriyle gerçekleşen bu karşılaşma:
- Bu yazılı bir edebiyat eserinde gerçekleşiyorsa, “readers” adını,
- Müzikte veya bir tiyatroda gerçekleşiyorsa “listeners”
- Bir video oyununda gerçekleşiyorsa da “players” adını alabilir.
Dikkat! Dolayısı ile audience kelimesini bazen dinleyiciler, bazen izleyiciler, seyirciler ya da hedef kitle diye Türkçeye çevirebilmekteyiz. Bunda kesinlikle bir yanlışlık yoktur.
1- Particular (real) Audience
In rhetoric, some audiences depend on circumstance and situation and are characterized by the individuals that make up the audience. Sometimes these audiences are subject to persuasion and engage with the ideas of the speaker. Ranging in size and composition, this audience may come together and form a “composite” of multiple groups.
2- Immediate Audience
An immediate audience is a type of audience that is composed of individuals who are face-to-face subjects with a speaker and a speaker’s rhetorical text or speech. This audience directly listens to, engages with, and consumes the rhetorical text in an unmediated fashion. In measuring immediate audience reception and feedback, (audience measurement), one can depend on personal interviews, applause, and verbal comments made during and after a rhetorical speech.
3- Mediated Audience
- In contrast to immediate audiences, mediated audiences are composed of individuals who consume rhetorical texts in a manner that is different from the time or place in which a speaker presents text.
- Audiences who consume texts or speeches through television, radio and the Internet are considered mediated audiences because those mediums separate the rhetor and the audience.
- Understanding the size and composition of mediated audiences can be difficult because mediums such as television, radio, and the Internet can displace the audience from the time and circumstance of a rhetorical text or speech.
4- Theoretical (imagined) Audience
Theoretical audiences are imagined for the purpose of helping a speaker compose, practice, or a critic to understand, a rhetorical text or speech.
5- Universal Audience
- The universal audience is an imagined audience that serves as an ethical and argumentative test for the rhetor.
- This also requires the speaker to imagine a composite audience that contains individuals from diverse backgrounds
- The concept of the universal audience has received criticism for being idealistic because it can be considered as an impediment in achieving a persuasive effect with particular audiences. Yet, it still may be useful as an ethical guide for a speaker and a critical tool for a reader or audience.
6- Ideal Audience
An ideal audience is a rhetor’s imagined, intended audience. In creating a rhetorical text, a rhetor imagines is the target audience, a group of individuals that will be addressed, persuaded or affected by the speech or rhetorical text. This type of audience is not necessarily imagined as the most receptive audience, but as the future particular audience that the rhetor will engage with. Imagining such an audience allows a rhetor to formulate appeals that will grant success in engaging with the future particular audience. In considering an ideal audience, a rhetor can imagine future conditions of mediation, size, demographics, and shared beliefs among the audience to be persuaded.
Audience ne demek?
7- Implied Audience
- An implied audience is an imaginary audience determined by an auditor or reader as the text’s constructed audience.
- The implied audience is not the actual audience, but the one that can be inferred by reading or analyzing the text.
Audience Mini Quiz
Bu yazımızdan sonra ilgilinizi çekebilecek bir yazı okumak için > asyndeton nedir? bağlantısına tıklayın.