Prepositions konu anlatımı
Prepositions konu anlatımı dersimize hoş geldiniz.
Prepositions of place konu anlatımı. We shouldn’t forget most of these prepositions are also used in relation to time and movement. For this reason we sometimes regard them as prepositions of time and preposition of movement. Some of them are also used as an adjective or adverbs.
- “in” as a preposition of place: She is in the hall
- “in” as a preposition of movement: Come in please
- “in” as a preposition of time: in May
The use of prepositions of place -1
|in||1. Being inside a container||1.in the kitchen, in the glass|
|2. Weather||2.in the rain, in the snow|
|3. How something is done or happens||3. in English, in pencil|
|4. With months, years, seasons||4. in Spring,|
|on||1. Surfaces of things||1. on the wall|
|2. With days and dates||2. on Saturday, on October 2nd|
|3. Transportation||3. on the bus, on the plane|
|4. Radio and television||4. on TV. on the radio|
|5. Positions.||5. on my right, on left click|
|at||1. Exact position or place||1. at the bus stop,|
|2. With points of time in day||2. at sunrise, at noon, at sunset|
|3. To the direction of something||3. look at me,|
|4. he smiled at the dog|
|above||1. Higher posiitions than something else||1. she hired the studio flat above their cafe|
|2. above the building|
|3. above your head|
|inside||1. In or into a container||1. there are no stundents inside the school|
|2. you should see the inside of the kitchen|
The use of prepositions of place -2
|outside||1. Being not inside of a container||1. you should wait for the doctor outside|
|under||1. Being a position below or lower than something else||1. a sleeping cat under the tree|
|2. Less than||2. she is under twenty|
|3. Affected by something||3. under pressure, 4. under new rules|
|between||1. In or into the space that separates two things||1. a new road between Çanakkale and İstanbul|
|among||1. In or through the middle of a group of things||1. this problem has been debated among scientists for a long time|
|opposite||1. Being on the other side||1. There is a pharmacy opposite the hospital|
|near||1. Bbeing not far away||1. They live near İzmir|
|next to||1. Very close to something||1. We were sitting next to him|
|beside||1. Next to something||1. you can sit beside your friend|
|over||1. Above and higher than something else||1. planes will fly over the city,|
|2. Please hold the umbrella over both of us|
|onto||1. Movement to a position on a surface||1. she moved onto the platform,|
|2. you can put the glass onto the table|
|by||1. Showing who or what does something||1. It was translated by a Turkish translator.|
|2. Method||2. by phone, by email|
|3. Means||3. by train, by bus|
Prepositions of place
- We use “in” for both being inside and movement ( in +noun or verb + in) On the other hand we can only use “into” to talk about the movement of something (verb + into)
- Don’t use “on” before ‘this’, ‘last’, or ‘next’ and a day of the week. Correct use of these: Term starts this Monday. It was my birthday last Friday. We don’t say: on this Monday | on last Friday.
- We use “on” for transportation such as on the bus, on the train but we use “in” for taxi and car ( in the car, in a taxi)
- We can also use “inside” with “of”. The air inside of the classroom or the air inside the classroom. Both of them are correct. ( inside of is usually in American English). ( outside of… and outside is also used this way)
Prepositions of place examples -1
• The students shouldn’t be ……… pressure from their parents to get high scores ……. school.
• She spent two years ……. prison.
• I saw a doctor ……… him ……. the bus yesterday
• There is a great hole …….. the ground
• She stepped ……… the platform to perform her new song.
• They are …… İstanbul this week.
• A new article written …….. Alice Drumh will be published this week
• My parents live ….. İzmir now.
• She lives alone ………. of the town.
• I can’t see him ……… the crowd.
• May I come …..?
• I can’t swim alone …… the river.
• You should put your soaks …… the drawer.
• We have to reserve our tickets …….phone in advence if we want to watch Star Wars 8
• Get …… the car.
• He put his wallet ……. his handbag.
• She’s gone for a walk …… the garden.
- She walked …… the garden.
- can you put the milk ……. the fridge?
- Her keys fell ……. the canal.
- Leave your phone ……. the table please.
Prepositions of place examples -2
• If we can not got to holiday we can sunbathe …….. the grass.
• She loves sitting ……. her father’s shoulders.
• She hung her hat …….. a hook.
• Look at the picture ……. the wall
• I saw a smile …….. his face after you left the room
• The grocery is …….. the left
• His apartment is ……. the first floor
• I love traveling …….. trains
• She is …….. TV tonight.
• If it rains, you can wait ……. the bus stop.
• Look …….. the sky.
• Don’t wave ……. me from the ship.
• Birds were flying ……. the ship.
• Did you wash the …….. of the bath
• I couldn’t see the ………. of the car.
• I couldn’t see the ………. the car.
• They are waiting for you ……….
• Open the window and look ………
• There’s no coffee ……. the cupboard.
• My father was ……. the kitchen.
• She can take us for a drive ……. her new car.
• I found him sleeping ……. bed.
• I can’t look under the bed ……. night.
• What’s there ……. thuesday and thursday?
• This problem is ……… you and me.
• There is a snake ………. the bushes.
• I think we are ……. the wrong side. We should be ……… the river.
• They can’t be ……… school on time. So they have to hire a flat …….. the school.
• Their ship crashed …….. the beach.
• Warplanes are flying ……. the city.
Prepositions of place konu anlatımı
Answer key -1
- The students shouldn’t be under pressure from their parents to get high scores at school.
- She spent two years in prison.
- I saw a doctor beside him on the bus yesterday
- There is a great hole in the ground
- She stepped onto the platform to perform her new song.
- They are in İstanbul this week.
- A new article written by Alice Drumh will be published this week
- My parents live in İzmir now.
- She lives alone outside of the town.
- May I come in?
- I can’t see him among the crowd.
- I can’t swim alone in the river.
- You should put your soaks in the drawer.
- We have to reserve our tickets by phone in advence if we want to watch Star Wars 8
- Get in the car.
- He put his wallet in his handbag.
- She’s gone for a walk in the garden.
- She walked into the garden.
- can you put the milk in/into the fridge?
- Her keys fell in/into the canal.
- Leave your phone on the table please.
Answer key -2
- If we can not got to holiday we can sunbathe on the grass.
- She loves sitting on her father’s shoulders.
- She hung her hat on a hook.
- Look at the picture on the wall
- I saw a smile on his face after you left the room
- The grocery is on the left
- His apartment is on the first floor
- I love traveling on trains
- She is on TV tonight.
- If it rains, you can wait at the bus stop.
- Look at the sky.
- Don’t wave at me from the ship.
- Birds were flying above the ship.
- Did you wash the inside of the bath
- I couldn’t see the inside of the car.
- I couldn’t see the inside the car.
- They are waiting for you outside
- Open the window and look outside.
- There’s no coffee in the cupboard.
- My father was in the kitchen.
- She can take us for a drive in her new car.
- I found him sleeping in bed.
- I can’t look under the bed at night.
- What’s there between thuesday and thursday?
- This problem is between you and me.
- There is a snake among the bushes.
- I think we are on the wrong side. We should be opposite the river.
- They can’t be at school on time. So they have to hire a flat near the school.
- Their ship crashed onto the beach.
- Warplanes are flying over the city.
Bu içerik, Digiprove.com tarafından yasal olarak korunmaktadır. 18 Haziran 2019 20:13:55 UTC tarih ve P1196054 nolu dijital imza sertifikasını görmek için buraya tıklayınız. Bu lisans; yazarın yazılı izni olmadan içeriğin tamamen ya da kısmen kopyalanarak ya da edit edilerek internet ortamında yayınlanmasına, başka çalışmalarda kullanılmasına izin vermemektedir.
ingilizcepedia, Prepositions of place konu anlatımı