Adage nedir? Adage tanımı. Adage ne anlama gelir? Adage ne zaman kullanılır.
Adage terim anlamı:
Adage edebiyatta, çok uzun süredir bilinen ata sözlerine denir. Toplum tarafından genel kabul görmüş gerçeklerin zekice ve ironi kullanılarak karşı tarafa aktarılması için kullanılır.
Adage sözlük anlamı:
Adage; atasözü, özdeyiş, vecize anlamalarına gelebilmektedir. ( okunuşu: eidi:c)
An adage s a concise, memorable, and usually philosophical aphorism ( saying) that communicates an important truth derived from experience, custom, or both, and that many persons consider true and credible because of its long-lived tradition.
- “do not count your chickens before they hatch” An adage sometimes implicates a failure to plan.
- “do not burn your bridges”. Adages may be interesting observations, ethical rules, or skeptical comments on life in general.
- “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire” means if there is evidence that something is happening and it probably is actually happening
- “The pen is mightier than the sword.”Trying to convince people with ideas and words is more effective than trying to force people to do what you want.
- “People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.” You should not criticize other people if you’re not perfect
- “There’s no such thing as a free lunch.” It means that if you are offered something free, think twice! because it always has a hidden cost.
Okumak isteyebileceğiniz başka bir terim> Autobiography nedir?
- Some adages are products of folk wisdom that attempt to summarize a basic truth; these are generally known as “proverbs” or “bywords”.
- An adage that describes a general moral rule is a “maxim”.
- Through overuse, an adage may become denominated a “cliché”, “truism”, or “old saw”.
- An adage is a more general term than a proverb because adages have universal wisdom and truth while proverbs have more daily practices in our life.