Climax nedir? Climax ne zaman gerçekleşir?Dramatik tansiyon piramidi nedir?. Rising action ve falling action nedir?
Climax terim anlamı:
Climax, edebiyatta bir eserin ana kahramanı tarafından yaşanan, olayların olumlu ya da olumsuz yönde seyrinin değiştiği, gerilimin zirve yaptığı, çoğu zaman kahramanın kaderindeki en önemli dönüm noktasının yaşandığı andır.
Climax kelime anlamı:
Climax Türkçe’ de doruk, düğüm, giderek artmak anlamına gelmektedir. ( okunuşu: kılaymeks)
Freytag Dramatik Gerilimi
1863 Yılında Alman yazar Gustav Freytag tarafından beş aşamalı bir dramatik gerilim şablonu tarif edilmiştir. Buna göre plot içerisindeki dramatik gerilim sırayla exposition, rising action, climax, falling action ve nihayetinde demoument ( ya da resolution) ile son bulur. Dramatik gerilim süreci, Freytag tarafından aşağıdaki gibi bir piramit şekli ile resmedilmiştir.
Dramatik tansiyon piramidi
The climax or turning point of a narrative work is its point of highest tension and drama, or it is the time when the action starts during which the solution is given. The climax of a story is a literary element.
- Exposition: Characters and settings are established and the conflict, or problem, is introduced.
- Rising action: The conflict begins to affect the characters, complicating their lives.
- Climax: The conflict is faced during the main, most dramatic event of the story.
- Falling action: The story begins to slow down, showing the results of the climax.
- Resolution: The story is tied up and concluded. ( also called denouement)
For a few examples, consider the short stories below.
Death of Caesar, the well-known climax of Shakespeare’s play, Julius Caesar
A story about a mother and daughter:
- Conflict: A character and her mother are upset with each other. The main character believes she must be an artist, whereas her mother does not support her career and would rather have her be an accountant.
- Climax: The character and her mother have a large argument in which they both state their feelings. At the end of the argument, they agree to love one another despite their disagreements.
A story about a Boy and His Dog:
- Conflict: A boy is playing with his rambunctious dog Sadie when she pulls loose from her collar and runs away. Now, the boy must find Sadie before she runs too far away to be found.
- Climax: After looking for Sadie for a while, the boy hears barking from around the house. There, he finds his lost dog and the two happily meet again.
A story about a boy’s crush:
- Conflict: Sam has had a crush on Mary for months, but he does not know how to tell her how he feels.
- Climax: At the school dance, Sam makes his feelings for Mary known by asking her to dance.
As can be seen from these short story examples, climax is the most exciting point of the plot when the conflict is finally faced.
Climax kullanmanın önemi
Climax is the high point of a story. Without climax, a story lacks excitement or an overarching meaning. Climax is considered an absolutely necessary element of the plot. Beyond basic stories, climax is an essential element of many poems, movies, television shows, advertisements, and songs.
Edebiyatta Climax örnekleri
Because climax is an essential aspect of the plot, the examples of climax in literature are endless! Here are a few examples:
Robert Frost’s poem “The Road Not Taken”:
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
In the first stanza shown above, Frost’s narrator faces a conflict: should he take one road, or the other? In the last stanza, he has made his decision. At the climax of the poem, he reveals he has taken the road “less traveled by”:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
The climax of the poem is when the narrator makes a decision to bravely take the road that is less popular but ultimately more promising, for it “has made all the difference.”
In the novel Life of Pi, Yann Martel tells the story of a boy named Pi loses his entire family in a shipwreck and must survive on a lifeboat with wild animals, including a Bengal tiger. Pi struggles, but in the process, realizes the power of the will to live:
I grew weary of my situation, as pointless as the weather. But life would not leave me.
The climax of the story comes when his boat at last lands in Mexico and he is rescued:
I struggled to shore and fell upon the sand. I looked about. … This beach, so soft, firm, and vast, was like the cheek of God, and somewhere two eyes were glittering with pleasure and a mouth was smiling at having me there.
Pi’s physical struggle has ended, and he has gained personal and spiritual strength, having survived the ordeal.
Günümüzde Climax örnekleri
Like books, movies, and TV shows also must have climactic scenes. Here are a few examples:
One famous scene is in The King’s Speech. After struggling with a stutter for much of his life and working with a teacher to get rid of it, at last, King George VI must address millions of citizens in a radio address. During the address, George faces his stutter and overcomes it, speaking with confidence and without aid by the end of the speech. Climactic scenes are often accompanied by dramatic music which marks that the climax is occurring. In this scene, the music becomes more dramatic, strong, and loud just as the king becomes more confident.
Climax nedir? yazımız bittiyse bu yazı dikkatinizi çekebilir>Catharsis nedir?
The King’s Speech Trailer
The climax is marked by the protagonist facing the conflict and prevailing. Oftentimes, this makes for a dramatic and compelling scene. The anticlimax, on the other hand, allows the protagonist to overcome the conflict, but through seemingly trivial means. Whereas climax often requires change, effort, and drama, the anticlimax lacks all three, and anticlimactic ends the story.
Here’s the first example:
- Conflict: The protagonist must deactivate a bomb in order to save an entire city.
- Climax: The protagonist successfully deactivates the bomb last minute with intelligence, critical thinking, and bravery.
- Anticlimax: The protagonist fails to deactivate the bomb, but luckily, it is a poorly made bomb and fails to go off.
Here’s a second example
- Conflict: The good guys are about to face the bad guys in a huge battle.
- Climax: After an hours-long face-off, the good guys win the battle, and the bad guys back off.
- Anticlimax: The bad guys cancel the battle, as their leader has a bad case of the flu.
As is shown in these examples, both climax and anticlimax rid the protagonist of the problem. Climax, though, is more exciting and challenging, whereas anticlimax is trivial and often disappointing.
Climax Mini Quiz
Literary Terms sözlüğüne geri dön>